Elva Mk3 Restoration

Picture of the Elva logo

Hastings Motor Sheet Metal Works were approached by Bexhill Museum via Elva Cars to reconstruct a complete Elva Mk.III sports racing body for the Mk.III the museum had purchased, using the original body as a pattern. The car now fully restored is a major exhibit in the new extended museum. The original body was built by Alan Jenner, Les Tye and Roy Watson at Caves Road in 1958. Alan still helps out on special projects and can be seen in the photos carrying out the reconstruction work.

The photo below shows the completed car with some of the original engineers who worked on the car 50 years ago - Bob Curl - Alan Jenner - Tony Recknell - Len Sayers. July 2009.

The completed car

Below are images of the completed car. Click on an image to open a larger image in a new window.

Below are images of the car under re-construction.


Back to top

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict Valid CSS!